PANCAKES: A simple Delicious Recipe
If you want to give your family and friends a blessed breakfast surprise, try some home made pancakes. You’ll be amazed how simple and tasty they can be.
1 cup self-raising flour (try the gluten-free version, if available)
2 Tablespoons oil (preferably olive or coconut oil)
1 Tablespoon sugar or honey
1 cup milk or plain Greek yogurt.
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat the egg.
2. Beat in the other ingredients until well mixed and smooth.
3. If you want thinner pancakes, add more milk. For thicker, add less.
4. Grease frying pan or griddle. Put on medium heat. The right temperature is when a few drops of water dance in the pan before evaporating.
5. Put 3 Tablespoons of batter into the fry pan. Let cook until bubbles form on the top an the edges are dry.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until it golden brown. You can dry them on a paper towel. Serve warm.
7. Top with butter and:
A. pure maple syrup,
B. golden syrup,
C. sugar and cinnamon, or,
D. for a savoury treat, butter and Vegemite (or Marmite).
8. If you need to keep the pancakes warm, put them on a plate into a 100 C oven (no higher or they will dry out).
9. Makes 10-12 pancakes
Buttermilk Pancakes: substitute 1 cup of buttermilk for milk.
Blueberry Pancakes: Add 1/2 cup of fresh or thawed blueberries
Applesauce Pancakes: Use only 1/2 cup of milk and beat in 1/2 cup applesauce, plus 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Yogurt Pancakes: Use 1 1/4 cup plain or Greek yogurt, omit milk.