Vegetable Pancakes: Carrot, Corn, & Zucchini
We discovered this dish years ago and have not looked back. It is so popular that people are helping themselves to the pancakes fresh from the fry-pan before they even makes it to the dining table. A good way of getting your vegetables for the day!
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons plain yogurt
1/2 cup grated cheese
90 grams butter
90g butter, melted and cool
1 cup flour
2 carrots, peeled, grated
2 zucchini, grated
150 grams corn (thawed or canned)
1/4 cup continental parsley, chopped
2/3 cup parmesan cheese.
1. Stir milk, yoghurt, cheese, butter & eggs together in a large jug.
2. Place flour in a bowl with a well in the middle. Stir into the flour the milk mixture until it is barely combined.
3. After grating the zucchini, squeeze out excess liquid. Add it, plus the carrot, corn, parsley and parmesan cheese, to the flour/milk mixture. Stir until combined (don’t over stir). Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Lightly grease the frying pan. Heat until it is of medium temperature. Add to the hot pan 1/4 cup of batter. Spread mixture with the spatula. Cook until golden, using about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until the batter is used up. Dry on paper towels.
5. Enjoy, topped with plain Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream.
Makes 12 pancakes.